Vocational Education and Training (VET) refers to education and training that focuses on delivering skills and knowledge required for specific industries. It is a learning option for young people in the senior phase of learning.
Participating in VET can:
· support young people's transitions to employment, vocational and higher education pathways.
Other benefits of participating in VET include (but are not limited to):
· obtaining practical experience from work
· gaining familiarity on how workplaces operate
· developing employability skills
· developing and improving interpersonal skills
· allowing students to explore the potential career path they would like to pursue.
Young people can access VET at Clifton SHS:
· Through the school as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO)
· through TAFE
· at another Registered Training Organisation